Girl Scout Juniors
Earn your “Social Butterfly” badge with this workshop!
Leaders, we understand how time-consuming it is to plan a meeting. Reviewing, shopping for supplies, snacks…let Sisterhood Seminars remove some of that stress with a complete meeting that culminates in the earning of the “Social Butterfly” badge.
This workshop covers the five steps required to earn the badge through an interactive PowerPoint, role-playing, sit down meal, and socializing with parents at pick-up.
- Hold a conversation: Making introductions and small talk.
- Use table manners: Learn and practice with an actual meal.
- Be prepared for special occasions: Explore “coming of age” ceremonies: Bat Mitzvahs, Quinceaneras, and Sweet 16s.
- Say thank you: How to show appreciation to your host.
- Practice being at ease: Chat with the parents who come at the end of the meeting.
This workshop lasts approximately 1 1/2 hours. $225 covers the seminar for up to 10 attendees, a gift bag, a uniform patch and the “Social Butterfly” badge for scouts.
There is no minimum or maximum attendance. Non-scouts (and boys) are welcome to join your troop. There is an additional $6.00 per person fee for over 10 attendees.
The troop is to provide the place settings and food necessary for the table manners portion of the workshop.
The “Social Butterfly” badge is a part of the Girl Scout Junior Skill Building Badge Activity set “It’s Your Story – Tell It.” If you would like to purchase the set (not required) it is available at your local Girl Scout store or online.
The “Social Butterfly” badge workshop is offered Mondays through Thursdays. Fridays through Sundays are reserved for “It’s a Girl Thing!” puberty seminars.